THE IHF YEL INITIATIVE
Young executive leaders who have proven outstanding merit in healthcare management can have the chance to exchange with peers on capital healthcare issues, as well as to interact with talented thought leaders from all around the world. Through IHF Young Executive Leaders program, participants will build sustainable relationships and expand their network internationally. As a group, they will discuss current trends, challenges and opportunities for the young healthcare leaders of today, creating an environment for vibrant and exciting dialogue.
THEME AND STRUCTURE
Throughout 2021, the selected Young Executive Leaders (YELs) will share experience and work together on topics related to the 2021 World Hospital Congress (WHC). The selected topics are a vehicle rather than an objective per se. Through this program, IHF seeks to connect young leaders across the world, broadcast the younger generation’s perspectives on global challenges, and build sustainable relationships. The program ends in November at the WHC, to be held 8-11 November 2021 in Barcelona, after which they will join the growing YEL Alumni.
Due to the crisis that we faced worldwide in 2020, the YELs mainly focused on 2 topics:
1. The challenges of being a digital leader in times of Covid-19
2. Towards post-Covid-19: Lessons Learned and Challenges for Hospital Leaders
Between August and November, they groups published insightful articles on the IHF Blog to share their outcomes with the healthcare community.
BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- Join a dynamic and friendly group and contribute to your self- and professional- development;
- Get international visibility and create an international network;
- Participate in a highly professional and interdisciplinary dialogue about various healthcare topics;
- Disseminate the work resulting from your discussions through the IHF community and beyond
- Learn from experts through exclusive online masterclasses;
- Get a free registration to the World Hospital Congress to be held 8-11 November 2021 in Barcelona, Spain;
- Host a session with an international audience at the World Hospital Congress;
- Join the YEL Alumni and enjoy its benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
After a selection, a group of maximum 20 participants will work together from March until November, on the occasion of the IHF World Hospital Congress, where they will finish they journey as 2021 YELs and join the YEL Alumni.
Applications for 2021 are open!
Application deadline: 8th February 2021
Email to accepted/rejected applicants: 1st March 2021
First group meeting: mid-March
For more information, feel free to contact the IHF Secretariat.
For more information visit https://www.ihf-fih.org/young-executive-leaders/
Copyright/Source: International Hospital Federation Newsletter - January 2021