After the Call for Research Proposals of the Research and Development Committee (R&D) of the Region 1 Health Research and Development Consortium (R1HRDC) last June 2015, thirty (30) Research Proposals/Papers were submitted by different institutions.
As part of the screening process, the R&D Committee rigorously reviewed each Research Proposal/Paper and eventually shortlisted the seventeen (17) best Research Proposal/Paper.
The shortlisted Research Proposals/Papers were evaluated last November 16, 2015 at the Hotel Veniz, Baguio City. The panel of evaluators headed by the R&D Chairman, Dr. Jose B. Orosa, III of the Mariano Marcos Memorial Hospital and Medical Center (MMMH&MC) together with the members of the Committee Dr. Paulina Nebrida, Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Region-I; Dr. Praxedes Peralta, University of Northern Philippines (UNP); Dr. Elsie Pilar, Northwestern University (NWU); and Dr. Adriano Esguerra, Don Mariano Marcos State University (DMMSU) picked the 10 best Research Proposals/Papers to be endorsed to the R1HRDC Management Committee (ManCom) on November 27, 2015 in Baguio City for approval.
The selected Research Proposals/Papers were the following:
- Platelet Augmenting, Nephroprotective and Hepatoprotective Activities of Sweet potato Leaf (Ipomoea Batatas) Extract
by Mr. Jimmy Catanes of Virgen Milagrosa University Fundation Inc. (VMUF)
- Effect of Natural Blenderized Food vs Commercial Formulas on the Nutritional Status of Tube-Fed Patients 18 to 60 years old with Acute-Onset Stroke at the MMMH&MC: A Crossover Trial
by Dr. Maria Blanca O. Kua of Mariano Marcos Memorial Hospital and Medical Center
- Scombrotoxin as a Chemotherapeutic Agent Against Bacterial Infections
by Ms. Rosalyn Rosal of Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
- Prevalence of Asymptomatic Bacteriuria Among School Children of Ilocos Norte: Framework in Health Program Development in Region 1
by Ms. Gregoria Najorda from University of Northern Philippines (UNP)
- Disaster and Emergency Response Competence of Hospital Personnel in Pangasinan
by Mr. Allan Claveria from Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation Inc.
- Factors Affecting Compliance of Rural Mothers in Pangasinan to the Expanded Program on Immunization
by Ms. Gretle Angel Camba from Lyceum Northwestern University
- Efficacy of Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Extract in Inhibiting the Growth of Methicillin Resistant Straphylococcus Aureus and Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase Escherichia Coli
by Mr. Alfredo Corpuz from University of Northern Philippines
- Development of Geriatric Nursing Home Care Package
by Dr. Raquel Pambid from Pangasinan State University
- Antibacterial, Antihyperurecimic and Diuretic Activity of Cymbopogan Citratus Methanolic Root Extract
by Ms. Carolyn Ringor from Lyceum Northwestern University
- Quality of Care Indicators and Outcomes in Breast and Colorectal Cancers: The DDVMH- Cancer Institute Experience
by Ms. Michelle Marzan from Dagupan Doctors Villaflor Memorial Hospital
The approved Research Proposals/Papers will be endorsed to Philippine Council on Health Research and Development (PCHRD) for possible funding next year.